Ancestral Author helps you document your genealogical research by creating illustrated genealogy books in hyperlinked Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). It automatically extracts genealogical ancestor and descendant reports from GEDCOM files. In addition, it extracts a list of sources and references, and a full name index. With a few simple directives, these can be organized into chapters, and placed in a document with a title page, a table of contents, chapter and section headings, etc. Photographs can be included to document your research and add visual appeal. The end result is an easily created, beautifully crafted genealogy book documenting your family history. And since the document is in the Adobe PDF format, it can be read by anyone, regardless of the type of computer they have. PDF files can be sent through email, stored on a website, placed on a CD, or printed on high quality paper. PDF files are particularly well suited for browsing on a computer. Ancestral Author creates hyperlinks, which allow you to click on a name in the document, and jump immediately to the page on which that person appears. This makes it very easy to browse genealogical relationships. Instead of paging through the document to find the children of an individual, just click on a child's name, and you jump immediately to that page. Or click on a parent, and you are brought to the page documenting the parent. Ancestral Author was designed at the outset to be very simple to use. It uses a wizard style user interface to walk you through the process of creating a genealogy document. An online tutorial shows you how to get started, and help is always available from firstname.lastname@example.org.
» version 2.9 - posted on 2016-01-08
Added support for 'blended families' and 'GEDCOM browsing'
» version 2.6 - posted on 2006-10-29
Added support for blended families and GEDCOM browsing
EULA - End User License Agreement
Ancestral Author License Agreement
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
This is a legal agreement between you and Ancestral Softworks, the company that creates, maintains, markets, and distributes Ancestral Author. BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL AND/OR USE THIS SOFTWARE.
Software Product License
1. THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT LAWS AND INTERNATIONAL COPYRIGHT TREATIES. UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR DISTRIBUTION MAY RESULT IN CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES. THIS SOFTWARE PRODUCT IS LICENSED, NOT SOLD.
2. LICENSE GRANT. This License Agreement permits you to use one copy of a registered version of Ancestral Author (the "Software") on a single computer at any one time. Ancestral Author is "registered" when license keys have been entered into the Registration dialog box and the About dialog box indicates that the software is registered. The Software is "in use" on a computer when it is loaded into RAM or installed on a hard disk or other storage device.
It is permissible for a registered user to have a copy of the Software installed on several computers, provided that the said user is the only one to use the registered software. This provision ensures that users can use the Software in several locations, without having to repeatedly uninstall and install.
You are expected to use the Software on your computer and to thoroughly evaluate it before making a purchase. This evaluation provides the ultimate guarantee that the software will perform to your satisfaction.
3. COPYRIGHT. All intellectual property rights in the Software are owned by Ancestral Softworks ("the Company"), suppliers and licensors and are protected by United State copyright laws and international treaty provisions. The Company, suppliers and licensors retain all rights not expressly granted. You must treat the Software like any other copyrighted material. You may transfer your rights under this agreement on a permanent basis provided you transfer the license granted by this agreement, the registration keys, the Software and all associated materials and retain no copies, and the recipient agrees to the terms of this agreement.
4. REDISTRIBUTION. You can freely distribute the Software, provided that:
(a) You DO NOT modify, augment, or otherwise change the original installation program for the Software.
(b) You DO NOT include, distribute, publish, or in any way make public the license keys for the Software.
(c) You DO NOT distribute it with any other product, commercial or otherwise, without prior written consent.
5. SUPPORT. Registered users of the Software are entitled to the authors standard support services, as such services are modified from time to time at the authors discretion. Support is primarily provided via email.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. The Software is provided "as is" and without any warranty or condition, whether express, implied or statutory. The Company does not warrant that the Software is error free. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights which vary from state to state.
7. SEVERABILITY. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this licence, both parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.
8. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY'S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU, IF ANY.
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This is the entire agreement between you and the Company which supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this license.
Copyright (c) 2016 Ancestral Softworks. All rights reserved.